Please join us for our 6th Annual Pure Home Ladies’ Challenge golf tournament. Teams of two will play two days of golf. Day one features a Modified Scotch Ball format and day two is Texas Scramble. Join us for 2 fantastic days of golf and fun.
Day 1 Format: Modified Scotch Ball (Alternate Shot)
- Each team consists of two players.
- Each player drives from tee.
- Each player plays a second shot with her partner’s ball.
- From these select the ball in the ‘best position’ to be the ‘ball in play’, or the ball that will count for your score.
- Alternate shots are continued until the ball is holed.
- No gimmies, you must hole out on each hole.
- All local and RCGA ‘stroke play’ rules are to govern play, with the exception of the above instructions.
Day 2 Format: Texas Scramble
- Each Team consists of two players with a captain.
- Each player tees off and the captain selects the ‘best’ shot.
- Mark position of ball (tee or coin) and place both balls within one club length of that spot no closer to the hole. Both players hit and again choose best shot. The format continues until the ball is holed.
- Once the ball is ‘holed-out’ the hole is completed. Eg.(when player A (10 feet from the hole) putts and her ball stops short of the hole she must mark and lift that ball in order for player B to have a chance to hole her ball from the same spot (10 ft). The first ball holed per team is the score.
- The team must hole out – no gimmies.
- One score for each team.
- To speed up play (if your partner’s ball is in play), do not spend a lot of time looking for lost balls-2 min. max.
- Same as #7 for day one.
The 2011 tournament was a great success with more ladies competing in our 2-day tournament. Golfers from around the region traveled to take part. Thank you to all the golfers that participated and to our title sponsors Ralph and Shirley Hanson of Pure Home.